GN'R Hispana
¿Aún no estas registrado?
Únete a la comunidad con las últimas novedades sobre Guns N' Roses al instante haciendo CLICK AQUÍ.
Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Im34wh
GN'R Hispana
¿Aún no estas registrado?
Únete a la comunidad con las últimas novedades sobre Guns N' Roses al instante haciendo CLICK AQUÍ.
Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Im34wh
GN'R Hispana
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

ÍndiceÚltimas imágenesRegistrarseConectarse

Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution

5 participantes
AutorMensaje
axlgunner
The envy of youth
axlgunner

Cantidad de envíos : 2269

Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Empty
MensajeTema: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime26/1/2010, 6:01 am

Aquí posteo la entrevista que le hicieron esta mañana a Ron Thal por teléfono, cuando se encontraba en le bus camino de Montreal para la emisora de radio www.ozfm.com , habla de la gira actual, de tocar con Guns de como se divierten...

Mike, o Niko, una traducción de esto estaría genial, yo no soy capaz de traducirlo bien.

Fuentes: HTGTH y GNREVOLUTION

On the phone with us, we have Ron Bumblefoot Thal, from Guns n' Roses.

Yo!

Ron, thanks for calling this morning.

Thank you for having me. Thank you for having me.

You said in your facebook message that you'd either be partying in Axl's dressing room or on the tour bus. It sounds a bit quiet there.

Yeah. Everybody's sleeping and resting up because it's gonna be insane when we get to Montreal. Yeah and actually I'm getting texts on my phone from the other bus. I'm getting from Axl's tour bus, I'm getting texts from people on there.

What's an average day in Guns n' Roses on the road like?

Well, with me, I am boring. I am so boring. What do I do? I sleep, I eat, and I play. For me the most important thing is making sure that I'm at my best for everybody. So, I really try and take care of myself on the road and not get too crazy where it's gonna affect my ability to do what I gotta do up there. I kinda got a little busy job up there. I'm playing 2 guitars at once while singing and so I gotta have my head clear, otherwise I'm doomed.

That's right. Because all of your focus is on those 90 minutes, I suppose.

Yeah, I mean we play for a good almost 3 hours.

3 hours? The setlist must be everything, is it? From Appetite on up?

Oh yeah. We do, I mean, god, we've done almost - I know in Tokyo we did 13 outta the 14 songs on Chinese. And we do a whole bunch of stuff off Appetite and scattered stuff from the Illusions and the other albums. And...yeah man, sometimes we just throw in covers, like just random things. Tonight we just started doing a Halen cover. The night before we started doing a little bit of Pink Floyd. Sometimes AC/DC or anything...just whatever one of us starts jamming to and everyone just kind of jumps on.

That keeps it really fun for the fans, man. You know, when Appetite for Destruction came out in '87, right? I mean, you were about 18 then. So you must've been a huge fan at the time, and now you're playing guitar in one of the biggest bands in the world. That must be quite the...culture shock.

You know...it's another day at the office. (laughter)

Well, you know, you made your own musical mark before Guns n's Roses. 10 or 11 solo albums, and lots of TV music as well. Ka-ching on that, by the way.

You know, I'm keeping busy.

So tell me a little bit about Bumblefoot. I hope you never actual suffered from that, did ya?

Oh, not personally, no. My wife is a verterinarian and when she was in school studying, and I was helping her study many, many years ago, one of the diseases that we stumbled upon through all the notes and everything, was this thing called ulcerative pododermatitis, also known as Bumblefoot. It was such a bizarre name. I was like, "you know what? I'm gonna write a song about that - like some kinda crazy superhero kind of thing!" And uh, yeah I did.

It was great name, too. Great guitar, as well.

Haha, thanks. And then from there, the first album I put out was called The Adventures of Bumblefoot. It had this sort of apocalyptic, cartoon-looking thing - you know, and the cover's art. And it had this foot with wings flying overhead, sort of the, I guess the cause of all the destruction and everything going on. And once I got out of that deal, I started my own band that was sort of this quirky, Primus-ish/Faith No More-ish thing, and the name just fit. It had the right vibe for the music, like that Zappa-ish quirk.

We wanna thank you for spending some time with our winner, by the way, and that little guitar lesson. That's gonna be...

I am gonna torture that dude.

Will you be able to teach him some of the Guns n' Roses riffs, you know?

Oh yeah. I'll be happy to show him -- or her, whatever they wanna learn.

What if they don't know how to play guitar at all?

That's alright. I'm gonna get them started.

You're like the master teaching Kung-fu Panda.

(laughs) It'll be good, man. It'll definitely be good.

Well listen, we wanna thank you for talking to us this morning. Ron Bumblefoot Thal. We have winners going to Halifax, and that appears to be the last date on this leg of the tour. But, we have 4 winners going. They're gonna give them a lot of money, 4 tickets to see the show, and we're looking forward to getting some pictures of our winner with you at that guitar lesson. But, thank you very much for calling us this morning.

No. My pleasure, man. Anytime.
Mike
Admin
Mike

Cantidad de envíos : 9462

MensajeTema: Re: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime26/1/2010, 9:29 am

Entrevistador: Al teléfono con nosotros, tenemos a Ron Bumblefoot Thal, de Guns N' Roses.

Ron: Sí!

E: Ron, gracias por atendernos esta mañana.

R: Gracias a vosotros por tenerme.

E: Dijiste en tu página de Facebook que estarías de fiesta con Axl o en el bus de la gira. Suena un poco silencioso por ahí.

R: Sí. Todo el mundo está durmiendo y descansando porque va a ser una locura cuando lleguemos a Montreal. Y de hecho estoy recibiendo mensajes de texto desde el otro bus. Los estoy recibiendo de bus de Axl.

E: Cómo es un día normal de gira en Guns N' Roses?

R: Bueno, respecto a mi, soy aburrido. Muy aburrido. Qué hago? Duermo, como y toco. Para mí lo más importante es asegurarme de que estoy al máximo para todos. Así que, realmente intento cuidarme durante la gira y no volverme muy loco en lo que vaya a afectar mi capacidad para hacer lo que tengo que hacer ahí arriba. Tengo un trabajo bastante ocupado. Toco dos guitarras a la vez mientras canto así que tengo que tener la cabeza clara, de lo contrario estoy muerto.

E: Entiendo, porque toda tu concentración está en esos 90 minutos, supongo.

R: Sí, es que tocamos por unas buenas casi tres horas.

E: 3 horas? El setlist debe tener de todo, desde Appetite en adelante?

R: Sí, hemos hecho casi - sé que en Tokyo tocamos 13 de 14 canciones de Chinese. Y tocamos un montón de cosas del Appetite, y otras cosas de los Illusion y otros álbums. Y a veces hacemos covers, como cosas imprevistas. Esta noche hicimos un cover de Van Halen. La noche anterior empezamos a hacer un poco de Pink Floyd. A veces AC/DC o lo que sea. Simplemente uno de nosotros empieza a improvisar y los demás de alguna manera se suman.

(Salto un trozo, habla de por qué se hace llamar "Bumblefoot" y algo de su música en solitario)

E: Queremos agradecerte que concedas algún tiempo a nuestro ganador, por cierto, y esa pequeña lección de guitarra. Va a ser...

R: Voy a torturar a ese tipo.

E: Podrás enseñarle a tocar algunos riffs de Guns N' Roses?

R: Oh sí. Estaré encantado de enseñarle lo que sea que quiera aprender.

E: Y qué pasa si no saben tocar nada la guitarra?

R: Está bien. Les iniciaré.

E: Eres como el maestro enseñando Kung Fu Panda.

R: Va a estar bien, hombre. Seguro que estará bien.
https://gnrhispana.forosactivos.net
axlgunner
The envy of youth
axlgunner

MensajeTema: Re: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime26/1/2010, 9:51 am

Muchas gracias Mike, genial la entrevista!!
Mike
Admin
Mike

Cantidad de envíos : 9462

MensajeTema: Re: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime26/1/2010, 10:00 am

Mike escribió:

E: Queremos agradecerte que concedas algún tiempo a nuestro ganador, por cierto, y esa pequeña lección de guitarra. Va a ser...

R: Voy a torturar a ese tipo.

Laughing

Espectacular Ron.
https://gnrhispana.forosactivos.net
axlgunner
The envy of youth
axlgunner

MensajeTema: Re: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime26/1/2010, 10:03 am

Es la bomba el tío, siempre tiene respuestas simpáticas. Very Happy
Patrick_RM
It don't really matter
Patrick_RM

Cantidad de envíos : 6464

MensajeTema: Re: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime26/1/2010, 10:06 am

🙇 RON "BUMBLEFOOT" THAL

Está hablando de la ganadora Brasileña o de otra 🇲🇲

EDIT: ah verdad... gracias maik glare
Belen_gnr
The envy of youth
Belen_gnr

Cantidad de envíos : 1250

MensajeTema: Re: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime26/1/2010, 11:11 am

gracias por la traduccion!!
que leccion de guitarra va a tener el ganador!! 🙇
Fran
It don't really matter
Fran

Cantidad de envíos : 3110

MensajeTema: Re: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime26/1/2010, 3:00 pm

Buenisimo Ron
http://www.twitter.com/frangnr
Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution   Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution Icon_minitime

Entrevista de Ron Thal en Gnrevolution
Página 1 de 1.